McDaniel CPA (“we,” “our,” “us,” or “cpamtv.com”) is concerned about your privacy and the security of your personal information.
Information we collect:
We may collect information, including personal information, about you, your spouse, your dependents, or your business, so that we may prepare your tax return. This information typically includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information (e.g., name, phone number, address and email address)
- Social Security Number and other government identification numbers (e.g., EIN, Driver’s License Number, and ITIN)
- Date of Birth
- Financial Information (e.g., income, revenue assets, credits, deductions, expenses, and bank account information)
- Payment Data (e.g., checking, debit and credit card account numbers)
You provide us most of the information we collect. We also receive information through certain digital technologies when you interact with us. Finally, other companies and government entities may share information with us.
How we use your information:
We use your information to provide you the products and services you request and to enhance the services we are providing.
We may use publicly available information to verify your personal information in order to improve the security of our services, protect your identity, and protect your information.
With whom do we share your information?
We will only share your information with your consent or as permitted by law.
- Communications with the IRS and State Taxing Authorities. The IRS and state taxing authorities may require or request we disclose certain personal and system information in order to process or electronically file your tax return. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, social security number, IP addresses, unique device identifiers, bank account numbers, and tax return preparation user activity metrics (e.g. time to complete the tax return).
- As Required or Permitted by Law. We may disclose your information to affiliated or non-affiliated third parties when we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is required or permitted by law or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety, or the safety of others. This may occur in connection with a court order, legal process, or other judicial, administrative or investigative proceeding that produces a request for information from us. We may disclose your information to proper federal, state, or local officials in order, and to the extent necessary, to inform the official of activities that may constitute, or may have constituted, a violation of any criminal law or to assist the official in investigating or prosecuting a violation of criminal law. As permitted by law, we may disclose your information to the IRS and Information Sharing and Analysis Centers(ISACs) for the prevention of stolen identity refund fraud (SIRF) and as related to potential cyber security threats.
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Securing Information
The security of your personal information is important to McDaniel CPA. We maintain appropriate safeguards to protect your information.
- Length of time your information is kept
The IRS requires us to retain your information for a period of at least three tax years.
We do not collect personally identifiable information about individuals, except when specifically and knowingly provided by such individuals through registration and Contact Us forms. Information collected may include, but is not limited to, name, home or business address, phone number, cell phone number, fax number and email address. An individual may choose to provide this information to apply for a job with McDaniel CPA or to register to receive information. At no time will any of this information be shared with a third party, unless required by law, and it will be used solely by McDaniel CPA to provide the information you requested along with occasional promotional material. By submitting identifying data, an individual is agreeing to allow McDaniel CPA to use that information as detailed in this privacy statement. If at any time McDaniel CPA is sold or merged with another entity, we reserve the right to share any information collected with the new entity.
You may review and request changes to your personal information. To do so, please telephone us at 740-397-1721, or update annually using your Client Organizer.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time without notice. Any additions, changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting such changes to this site: https://cpamtv.com.
Effective November 27th, 2017.